Tuesday 16 December 2008

Global Warming ?

Everyone seems to be up in arms. The world is doomed and it's all down to us, from the first camp fires to the carbon emissions from our cars we're killing the world ! I have to be honest I don't know all the facts but its strikes me as odd. The world has been around and going through warming and cooling cycles since before man, so my question is:- are we really as responsible as the government and the strong environmental lobbyists would have us believe ?

The facts I've heard or read(could be spin but sound logical), here's a couple:

Cows/livestock and dead rotting fish are responsible for methane and other gases in far greater and more harmful amounts than anything humans produce.

Man is responsible for 0.02%(no I haven't checked but it's insignificant and that's my point) of harmful ozone pollution.

The government have realised that the environment is a great way to tax us for the things we already have and would struggle without.

The Earth has been around for millions of years (sorry, it's just not 6000 as some faiths would have us believe) and mans records of climate change amount to grain of sand on the beach of time, so how could we possibly know ? The 'experts' in government can't even predict a recession even though they have all the information in front of them or learn from the past.

It's what I think, I'm not trying to be controversial I genuinely have formed these opinions from years of watching and listening. Let me know if you share my thoughts or Am I Wrong ?

No comments: